Kurt chose to go to law school in his late 20's and knew from the time he entered that he wanted to be an advocate for the injured. Kurt spent four years as the Idaho litigation partner of a multi-state personal injury law practice, Murphy, Holzer & Vaughan, LLC.
Having known John as fellow members of the Boise legal community, and wanting to be involved in a solely Idaho-focused Boise personal injury attorney Kurt Holzer is a proven Idaho trial lawyer. practice, Kurt joined with John in 2005 because they both had the same type of commitment to representing ordinary citizens. Kurt had started his Idaho legal career in 1993 with the Boise office of Holland & Hart, LLP, one of the largest firms in the western United States where he also focused on plaintiffs' injury litigation.
Kurt's documented history of litigation success at trial and before the appellate courts along with his demonstrated professional commitment provides clients with the confidence that they are getting top-flight representation.
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Class Action
- Dram Shop
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Auto Accident
- Truck Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Kurt has personally as lead counsel, and as a member of various trial teams, obtained several jury verdicts in excess of one million dollars.
- Represented a wide variety of clients before the Idaho Supreme Court and achieved notable successes that helped clarify the law to the benefit of people injured through the carelessness of others.
- On a pro bono basis Kurt argued a case to the Idaho Supreme Court in which the Court invalidated laws that were designed to interfere with the free and fair exercise of the right to vote for Idaho citizens.
- Bar Admissions
- Law School:
The S.J. Quinney College of Law at The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1992
Honors: William H. Leary Scholar
Law Review: Member, Utah Law Review, 1990-1991, Executive Editor, 1991 - 1992
- Graduate Of:
National Institute of Trial Advocacy National Program
Colorado Mesa University , Grand Junction, Colorado
B.A. cum laude - 1989
Major: Political Economy
- 2005-06 as President of the Idaho Trial Lawyers Association.
- 2011, Kurt was selected the Idaho Trial Lawyer of the Year and received the James J. May Award in recognition of that honor.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Idaho Trial Lawyers Association since 1997.
- Former Idaho representative to the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Served multiple terms as a member of the Professional Conduct Board of the Idaho State Bar (the entity responsible for enforcing the ethics standards of the legal profession).
- A number of legal articles on trial preparation and litigation skills as well as a study on Idaho jury behavior published.
- Kurt has given numerous annual updates to members of the 4th District Bar Association on new changes in the area of Idaho injury law.
- Kurt helped draft, and worked with Idaho Legislators to have them pass, Idaho's landmark Small Lawsuit Resolution Act.
- Served on The ITLA Governmental Relations Committee since 1998.
- Avid bicycle racer, Kurt is a 2-time Idaho State Criterium Champion.
- Volunteer manager of USA Cycling's local affiliate the Southwest Idaho Cycling Association.
- Long-time member of the Board of Directors of Idaho's largest cycling organization Lost River Cycling.
- Through the cycling organizations, Kurt has led efforts to support a wide variety of local charitable efforts including The Idaho Foodbank, The Garden City Community Clinic, The Hidden Springs School, St. Alphonsus Life Flight, The Idaho Brain Injury Foundation, The Hidden Springs Community Farm and the White Knob Historical Preservation Society.
- Served two one-year terms as President of the Hidden Springs Town Association Town Council.